WE INVEST IN TALENT
Investing in talented people will always be our best trade. We are willing to invest significant resources in making sure individuals who come to work at Old Mission are able to be as successful as possible at the firm.
We believe that it takes a while to fully understand our business and takes even longer to become a star. We don’t hire 10 people and fire half of them within 6 months like some of our competitors. We don’t hire to fill seats and or feel pressure to immediately fill specific roles. We start by finding smart, hard working, ethical people and design our business around leveraging their many talents.
We take pride in having created a truly entrepreneurial environment that has produced well-rounded employees who are excited about helping make our business better. We’re more interested in growing our trading volumes (which have exploded) than our headcount (which hasn’t).
How do you get a job at Old Mission?
We love interns. We hire undergraduates entering their senior year, as well as graduate students pursuing master’s degrees or PhDs, to work in one of our offices for the summer. We treat interns like full-time employees, paying full salaries and challenging them to perform. We view our internship program as a chance to mutually explore whether a full-time position is a good fit. We are actively seeking interns for both Technology and Quantitative Trading.
Direct Full Time Hires
For access to our current full-time positions in trading, engineering and operations please see our open positions, as well the positions we have listed on Linkedin and StackOverflow. If you would like to receive regular updates on new positions, please follow the Firm’s company page on Linkedin.
What is the interview process like?
Our interviews are hard on purpose. We want to make sure you have what it takes to succeed at Old Mission. Our interview process is designed to test a candidate’s technical skill and give them some insight into the problems we solve on a day to day basis. In addition to questions about your interests and personality, expect to write code and crunch numbers.
The process begins with a series of phone or on-campus interviews. Promising candidates are asked to complete a take home problem which often involves solving a trading problem with code and math. The final step is an expense paid trip to interview on-site with one of the firm’s partners.
How are employees compensated?
All Old Mission Capital employees receive excellent benefits, including:
- Extremely competitive base salary with a discretionary bonus
- First rate medical, dental and vision insurance paid for by the firm
- Pre-tax employee programs such as Commuter Benefits, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Fully stocked kitchen with complimentary breakfast, healthy snacks and beverages
- Free lunch catered by local restaurants
- Paid vacation and parental leave
- Reimbursement for work-related classes, books, and professional development
- Annual poker tournament with great prizes
- Relaxed, casual work atmosphere
What’s it like to work at Old Mission?
Here are a few less obvious benefits to working at Old Mission:
- We are entrepreneurial. We take pride in having maintained our entrepreneurial culture for over a decade. Our flat organizational structure enables employees to work shoulder-to-shoulder with colleagues at all levels and functions. Our all-for-one and one-for-all approach to building out our business, which is based on mutual respect and trust, keeps employees feeling motivated and rewarded.
- Old Mission is run entirely using partner and employee capital. This allows us to focus on what we are good at: building software and taking risk. We are free to focus on maximizing our risk adjusted returns, free from distractions and conflicts of interest.
- The founding partners have technology backgrounds and are committed to building a world class infrastructure. To us, solving the technology problems inherent to electronic trading is fun, not work. Many of our competitors were founded before electronic trading rose to prominence.
How Do You Get a Job at Old Mission?
We’re actively recruiting for roles throughout our organization. See if we have an opening that fits with what you’re looking for.
Old Mission Capital is not accepting unsolicited resumes from any staffing/search firms. All resumes submitted by staffing/search firms to any employee at Old Mission Capital via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid signed search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Old Mission Capital, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Old Mission Capital.