Our culture is focused, informal, and entrepreneurial. You can wear shorts and a T-shirt to work. We care more about good decisions and hard work than titles and face time. Whether you’re a brand new employee or a seasoned industry veteran, you’ll sit within arms’ reach of one of the firm’s partners and be an equal in every discussion.
Our flat, meritocratic culture means that we value you for your ideas and contributions first and foremost. Our focus on continuous growth and improvement means that there are opportunities for rapid advancement and for entrepreneurs to thrive.
All Old Mission employees receive excellent benefits, including:
- First rate insurance, with full medical and dental
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Two weeks of paid vacation for all new hires
- 100% reimbursement for books related to work
Education and knowledge are a critical foundation of success. Old Mission is dedicated to enabling smart, motivated and curious individuals with the knowledge to be successful in quantitative trading.
Everyone at the firm is encouraged o both share and ask questions about every aspect of our firm. Employees learn through a combination of on-the-job mentoring and classroom education with more formal lectures on such topics as:
- Statistics and Financial Mathematics
- Exchange-traded Financial Instruments
- Market Structure
- Derivative Pricing Techniques
- Practical Programming in C++/VBA/Python